They say a man’s home is his castle, but castles have high walls, moats, and drawbridges. What does your home have to keep you safe? There may not be any knights coming to attack your residence in Brooklyn, but there are plenty of other threats. Living in a large, dynamic urban area has lots of benefits, from the cultural opportunities to the convenience, but it has its downsides and risks as well. Over fifty thousand crimes took place in Brooklyn last year and a large majority of them were property crimes. Many were burglaries. The expert professional locksmiths at 24 Brooklyn Locksmith can help you make sure you and your loved ones won’t be the next victims.
What are residential locksmith services?
Put simply, residential locksmith work covers everything you need to protect your home, whether it’s a house or apartment. Much of this is about long-term, everyday protection, setting up security measures that will continue to protect you and your family.
Our expert locksmiths change locks and re-key. They install deadbolts, high security locks, peepholes and window latches. They repair locks and make new keys. They can also help you with lock maintenance.
Many people don’t realize that their locks need regular cleaning and maintenance. This attention is actually very important! Locks that aren’t taken care of are much more likely to break, especially in cold weather. When the temperature drops quickly, the brass locking mechanism is liable to break, leaving you stuck outside in the harsh New York winter! Cleaning your locks, lubricating them and tightening the screws will prevent this and make them last much longer. Our locksmiths will be happy to show you how to do this.
Why choose 24 Brooklyn Locksmith?
Our team of knowledgeable locksmiths have all the skills and know-how to protect your house or apartment. They are all fully licensed, certified and insured, with years of experience in the field. Furthermore, we only work with the most cutting-edge technology so you can be sure your new security is topnotch. In addition to helping you secure your home, they’ll also be there for you if you ever experience the frustration of being locked out. Day or night, even on weekends and holidays, our emergency locksmith services are always just a quick call away.
Our services are fast, reliable and affordable. We keep all our prices low so that everyone can afford the safety they deserve. You won’t find better rates for these locksmith services anywhere in Brooklyn!
We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service tailored to each customer’s unique needs. Whatever your situation, our locksmiths will take the time to learn all about it and to ensure that all your concerns are addressed. Keeping you safe is always our highest priority, and no job is too large or too small.
Is your home safe? Follow these tips to be sure
We all want our homes to be protected from burglars and other intruders, but unfortunately, we don’t always act like it! Many people neglect common sense and make mistakes that leave themselves vulnerable to crime. By keeping in mind this advice from our locksmiths, you can dramatically reduce your risk of falling victim to burglary.
- Only hire a certified, professional locksmith to work on your locks! This is complicated work that requires years of training. Never trust an amateur or an unspecialized handyman, and don’t exaggerate your own DIY skills. It might cost a little more, but it will save you in the long run.
- Use high security locks on all your external doors. Cheap standard locks are shockingly easy for the average burglar to pick, break, or “bump” open.
- Lock your door whenever you go out, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
- If your apartment is within eighteen feet of street level, or if you have a fire escape near the window, your windows are considered accessible entries. They should therefore be carefully secured with strengthened glass and window latches, and a protective metal grille if you’re in the basement or ground floor.
- Install a home security system. There are many available now that are friendly to renters, easy to install and to take with you if you move.
Of course, the best way to be sure of your security is to consult a professional locksmith, who will take into account the details of your situation and offer recommendations. That’s what our team is here for. Call 24 Brooklyn today and take your home security to the next level!